Thursday, February 14, 2013

Graphic Novels

Look at all those books!

Some what coincidentally, I am reading a whole lot of graphic novels right now. I do try to sprinkle them in here and there during my general reading but this is a graphic heavy month. I am trying to do The Hub Challenge and part of that almighty list includes the Great Graphic Novels Top Ten list. Although I probably won't read all 10 of them (I feel kind of meh about Spider-Man and Daredevil but we'll see) I was able to request 5 of them from the library already and they all arrived on the same day. I have already read Drama, loved it and won't be writing about it here. If you want an excellent discussion of the book, head on over to the SLJ blog Good Comics for Kids and I agree with everything that was said here when it won a Stonewall Book Award. Over the next week I will be reviewing My Friend Dahmer, The Silence of Our Friends, Friends with Boys, Stargazing Dog, Trinity : A Graphic History of the First Atomic Bomb and Annie Sullivan and the Trials of Helen Keller. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment